Maintenance / Event Porter
We are looking for a flexible and motivated person for one of our Event Team positions at Newark Showground. This is a busy venue, hosting over 500 events per year and the role is in support of the existing team to provide an excellent experience to customers and all visitors to the Showground.
Duties will include routine maintenance and decoration, event set up and breakdown, occasional cleaning (event halls and facilities) and associated activities required towards the upkeep and high standards that we are known for.
The ideal person for this job will have experience relevant to the various aspects of the role and a flexible approach to work as the duties are varied and will frequently change, often at short notice.
Skills and experience would include:
• Able to do internal site maintenance inclusive of painting / joinery/ basic plumbing
• 5 days out of any 7 days availability, flexible working hours (including evenings and weekends) is essential to this role
• Full driving licence
• Physically able to carry out manual work
• Able to operate maintenance tools
• Common sense and an attention to detail
• Able to work unsupervised on occasion
This is a full-time position based on 42.5hrs per week, although hours will vary from week to week depending on the requirements of the business. In addition to a competitive salary we offer 32 days (inc bank holidays) holiday per year and a staff pension scheme.
Apply in email with a CV giving details of experience to:
OR in writing to:
Sally Hughes, Events Manager
Nottinghamshire, NG24 2NY