Job Vacancy - Porter/Cleaner
We are looking for a flexible and motivated person for one of our Porter positions at Newark Showground within the Events team. This is a busy venue, hosting over 500 events per year and the role is in support of the existing team to provide an excellent experience to customers and all visitors to the Showground.
Duties will include kitchen support, routine maintenance and decoration, event
set up and breakdown, cleaning (kitchen and conference / event halls and
facilities) and associated activities required towards the upkeep and high
standards that we are known for.
The ideal person for this job will ideally have experience relevant to the various aspects of the role and a flexible approach to work as the duties are varied and will frequently change, often at short notice. Additional useful skills and experience would include:
· Be an adaptable team player who can work in a challenging, high pressure environment with a minimum of supervision.
· Have a happy, approachable personality with a “can do” attitude.
· Knowledge of basic health and safety.
· Have experience of event setup / support, maintenance and cleaning, preferably in a commercial or leisure environment.
· Ability to work flexibly with varying shift patterns.
· Full driver's licence
This is a full-time position based on approximately 42.5hrs per week, although hours will vary from week to week depending on the requirements of the business. In addition to a competitive salary we offer 32 days (inc bank holidays) holiday per year and a staff pension scheme.
In the first instance please apply in writing or email with a letter or CV giving details of experience to:
Write to: Sally Hughes, Events Manager, Newark Showground, Lincoln Road, Newark, Notts. NG24 2NY