Job Vacancy - PORTER
We are looking for an experienced, well-organised, flexible and motivated person to take on a valuable role as a Porter within Newark Showground’s Catering and Events team.
This busy venue hosts over 500 events per year and our Porters provide high quality, effective support for the existing team to help us create an excellent experience for all customers and visitors.
Duties will include kitchen support, routine maintenance and decoration, event set-up and break-down, cleaning (kitchens, conference and event spaces) and associated activities to help maintain our reputation for high service standards.
The ideal person for this job will have experience relevant to the various aspects of the role and a flexible approach to work as the duties are varied and will frequently change, often at short notice. The successful candidate is likely to:
- Be a highly-motivated and adaptable team-player, able to work to a clear brief in a challenging, high-pressure environment and be accountable for delivering results with minimal supervision.
- Have a cheerful, approachable personality and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Have a knowledge of basic health and safety.
- Have experience of event set-up, support, maintenance and cleaning, preferably in a commercial or leisure environment.
- Be comfortable with working flexibly on varying shift patterns.
This is a full-time position based on approximately 42.5hrs per week, although working hours will vary from week to week depending on the requirements of the business. In addition to a competitive salary we offer 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) per year, a staff pension scheme, free parking and a pleasant working environment. Due to lack of public transport, own car is essential.
In the first instance please apply in writing or email with a letter or CV giving details of experience to:
email@example.com, or by post to: Sally Hughes, Event Manager, Newark Showground, Lincoln Road, Newark NG24 2NY
CLOSING DATE: February 16th, 2018
No agencies, please.