Job Vacancy – Trade Stand & Sponsorship Officer
Trade Stand & Sponsorship Officer
The Newark and Nottinghamshire Agricultural Society (NNAS) is a registered Charity whose primary objective is to support, champion and promote agriculture throughout Nottinghamshire and the East Midlands region. This is delivered by improving awareness, educating the public, academic and practical support programmes and by organising and delivering agricultural and rural events including the Nottinghamshire County Show (B2C), the Newark Vintage Tractor and Heritage Show (B2C – heritage and enthusiast) and the Midlands Machinery Show (B2B – trade).
NNAS is now seeking an experienced, professional Trade Stand and Sponsorship Officer with a minimum 4 years sales experience, preferably in an event management, hospitality or agricultural sales environment. Working in a busy event team, promoting and delivering sales generation and developing sponsorship revenue streams, exceptional customer service and proactive marketing of the Society, its events and membership.
The Charity also operates a busy trading subsidiary to generate income in support of its activities, however, your main responsibility will be for all sales activities of the Society itself and its three major shows. Specifically, this will include the management of the trade stand sales and booking process, development of sponsorship packages and sourcing new sponsorship partners, promotion of the Society and its membership with a view to increasing the levels of membership and revenue.
Ideally you will:
- Be results driven with substantial knowledge and proven sales experience within the event management, hospitality, or agricultural sector. The role is office based so enjoyment and aptitude for telephone selling is essential.
- Have a good understanding and interest in agriculture and the rural sector, membership and charity organisations and ideally have experienced selling trade stand space and sponsorship packages.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build rapport and positive relationships with clients and colleagues.
- The ability to work under pressure, to organise and prioritise effectively, be flexible and have a commitment to do everything that is required to get the job done.
- Be self-motivated, results driven and have the ability to maintain focus on the achievement of revenue generation and sales targets.
- Have experience in developing sales plans, budgets, promotions and sales materials to professionally present and share with virtual and live audiences.
- Be highly organised, proactive, enthusiastic with great attention to detail.
This is a new opportunity with the Society with a benefits package that will both reflect experience and results achievement. OTE: £28,000 – £30,000
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Be a car owner
The position is primarily office based at Newark Showground from Monday to Friday with occasional evenings and weekends, however, travel to customer and other locations will be required on a periodic basis.
To apply, please forward your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday, 11th June 2021