Are baby-changing facilities available?
Yes, there are baby-changing facilities in the Cedric Ford, Sheldon Suite, Sir Stuart Goodwin, George Stephenson, Lady Eastwood, the Joe Hallam, Red Gate and Stables.
Is there good disabled access?
- Disabled toilets are available across the site, including a secure radar key toilet in the Joe Hallam.
- All venues have parking spaces directly outside the venues, some with allocated disabled parking spaces.
- Every venue but one (The President’s Suite) is on ground level with no steps or kerbs offering good disabled access.
- A network of tarmac roads makes moving around the showground comfortable.
- Unfortunately, we do not have disabled showers
Do you have camping and caravanning facilities?
Yes, facilities for overnight campers include toilets and showers, elsan waste points, water stand-pipes and electrical hook ups (provided by and payable to our approved electrical contractor). However, we are unable to cater for individual campers. Any camping or caravanning is organised by event organisers themselves, so please contact them directly to find out if camping is available at their event.
Is there catering on-site?
Yes, our in-house catering team Tastes operates seven seated indoor catering amenities across the site which are open at different events and times, depending on event organisers’ requirements. We also offer bars, a mobile catering outlet and ice cream kiosks to suit organisers’ needs.
Do you have free parking?
Newark Showground has free car parking for up to 8,000 vehicles, mostly on the hardstanding runways with further car-parking available within the internal site.
Is there a cash machine on-site?
- There is currently no permanent cash machine on-site. Individual organisers may provide one for their own event, please check with them.
- The closest off-site cash machines are located at the two petrol stations on the A46/ A1 roundabout, just a two-minute drive away.
- Debit card payments are accepted in our Tastes catering outlets and bars but a minimum spend will apply.
Do you have on-site wifi?
Yes, there is site-wide wifi available.
- For meetings and smaller conferences, there are free, secure wi-fi zones within each of our meeting rooms.
- For larger conferences, please discuss arrangements with us.
- For visitors to all other events, there is site-wide wifi available for a small on-demand fee, payable on your device.
Do you allow dogs on site?
Newark Showground welcomes dogs as a rule, although not in food areas for hygiene reasons. However, it is left to individual event organisers to decide whether they will allow dogs at their specific event so please check with them directly.
Where is the nearest train station?
Newark has two rail stations: Newark North Gate (LNER provides a main-line service form London King’s Cross to Edinburgh), and Newark Castle (connecting Lincoln, Nottingham, Leicester and Derby on the East Midlands line). Both are a 10-minute cab ride away.
Where can I stay locally?
Our “Local Places to Stay and Eat” page shows several local options for accommodation and food. Newark, Lincoln and Nottingham have other hotels all within a 30-45 minute drive.
What First Aid facilities are there?
For large events, we recommend that organisers use Newark Community First Aid, which has a base on the showground.
Are there any on-site defibrillators?
There are three defibrillators across the site, located at the Joe Hallam, Cedric Ford and George Stephenson buildings.
Ready to shape your next event at Newark Showground? So are we.
Get in touch
- Phone – 01636 705796
- Email – email@example.com
- Newark Showground, Lincoln Road, Winthorpe, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 2NY